1/11/19

Architecture

by Jevon Neilan
Preparing the portfolio.

I finished my portfolio for Architecture class. It turned out fine.

Some of the things in it are my one-point perspective drawing, ten different definitions of architecture words, floor plans of my build, and information about sustainable architecture, too.







Looking back at this whole course, in my opinion the most interesting part was doing the one point perspective. 

One point perspective sketch by Jevon N.

I also liked doing the research on all the architectural styles. In addition, I also enjoyed doing the floor plans using a computer program called "Room Sketcher."
The computer program "RoomSketcher" also lets you see photos
of the inside of your rooms when you finish designing
them.

In my opinion, the hardest thing was actually building on Minecraft. It was hard because it took a really long time. It was hard to get it how I wanted it to look. If you mess up, it is frustrating.
Each Minecraft build (see bottom of the photo above) required research on the design principles and
characteristics as well as on the key architects associated with that style.
If you don't want to do traditional art, then this course might be more enjoyable. Even though it had more work, I would recommend this class. You can earn .5 Art credit if you do the work.

To see Jevon's prior article about the Architecture class, please go to: https://collettitz.blogspot.com/2018/11/architecture-in-minecraft.html